Tuesday, November 16, 2010

my thoughts exactly, darius.




I was up in New York City,
just the other week.
You shoulda seen the waiters face when I ordered sweet tea.
She said "we don't have that here"
and I apologized, I said "Please forgive me,
I'm in a southern state of mind."

And those girls out in California,
they don't understand.
They don't like it when I hold the door,
when I say yes ma'am.
They act like I've done something wrong,
and they give me the evil eye.
I say "honey, I'm sorry,
I'm in a southern state of mind."

I could be anywhere
in my heart I'm always there.
Where they drink sweet tea and they raise you to be polite.
No changin' who I am,
that's they way I've always been.
No matter what state I'm in,
I'm in a southern state of mind.

I'm always walkin' 'round
tellin' everybody hi.
Justa wavin' at the strangers
and the cars passin' by.
Some poeple may look at me
and say that boy just ain't right.
Hey ya'll I ain't crazy,
I'm in a southern state of mind.

I could be anywhere
in my heart I'm always there.
Where you know every body and you don't think it's too polite.
No changin' who I am, that's they way I've always been. No matter what state I'm in, I'm in a southern state of mind.

You can see it in the clothes I wear,
you can hear it when I talk.
Ballcap boots and jeans and a little southern draw.
I can be up in Ohio or back home in Caroline.
No matter what state I'm in, I'm in a southern state of mind.
Don't matter what state I'm in, I'm in a southern state of mind.


-Darius Rucker "Southern State of Mind"

9 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! I'm a new follower to your lovely blog-you are super fun and I'm looking forward your posts:)

    I too am a carolina wife-there's nothing better!

    ...well maybe sweet tea...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly!!!! I looooooove this song! It reminds me of when I was in Cali this summer--no one understood why I smiled all the time! HA! I hope you are LOVING New York! I miss you OH so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say this: It totally cracks me up that Hootie is now a country singer! Ok, with that out of the way, what great lyrics! I'll have to make it a point to listen to it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Darius Rucker, especially this song! Thanks so much for introducing it to me. I am a new follower, and I just love your super cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moderators, Please Sorry =)

    [url=http://wiki.oracle.com/account/qizedozeyuqit]free flower delivery same day[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  6. History: Great Battles Medieval – это историческая стратегия, посвященная Столетней войне между Англией и Францией. Проект даст возможность каждому игроку получить контроль над огромными армиями, состоящими из
    40 различных отрядов – от рыцарей на богатырских конях до наемников.

    http://besplatno-kachaem.info/igra/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good article. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a very good blog that the main thing a lot of interesting and useful!

    ReplyDelete