Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Kitchen

Everyone is showing off their kitchens on Kelly's Show Us Your Life Fridays this week. Our kitchen is my lease favorite thing about our apartment.

Not only is it TINY with no cabinet or counter space, but everything is straight out of the 90s! We did get a new, pretty faucet and hung up some stainless steel shelves from Ikea, but it's still pretty heinous. It was also painted blue when we moved in. I didn't (and still don't) particularly like the color, but since we don't know how long we will be here, we decided to leave it be. It's a fun, cheery color; but it's definitely not something I would ever pick. The layout of the kitchen is also really weird, so cooking is a bit of a challenge! But hey, it's our kitchen and we just have to deal with it!

I did what I could with the space, and this is how it turned out:






My monogram obsession is definitely on showcase in the kitchen with the cutting board (wasn't that such a cute wedding gift??) and all of my aprons.



Sooo, when I get super sad about how much our kitchen sucks, I look at pictures of gorgeous kitchens and daydream about the day I will have my very own! Here are some of my dream kitchens:






Can you tell how much I love white kitchens? In the words of Rachel Zoe, "I DIE!"

10 comments:

  1. oh girl, i swoon over a white kitchen as well! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cutting board is DARLING! I believe we have the same dream kitchen :)

    Blessings~
    S
    QueenofSassySavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue walls and leopard rug! Your kitchen is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I also love me a monogram too!!!

    Your blog is beyond precious consider me your newest follower!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl! I tagged you in this post on my blog!!!!

    http://lifeofascott.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-have-been-tagged.html

    I love your kitchen and your dream kitchen looks like my visions of my dream kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Molly!! Where in the world did you get the clock that's in your kitchen!? I LOVE IT!! (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your rug! and that clock is too too cute! where in the world did you find that? i think every kitchen NEEDS one of those clocks!
    have a wonderful weekend!
    -april

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is the funkiest rug I've ever seen! I love it! And the blue is so refreshing! great kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is cute! You did a really nice job with the accents! I'm always dreaming of a new kitchen too! I'm "going bananas"(Rachel Zoe) over your dream kitchen pics!:)

    ReplyDelete