Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas in New York

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here in our humble abode! The one thing I was most excited about in this apartment was the mantel and fireplace and I couldn't wait to decorate it all for Christmas! The fireplace wall is giant and very white, so I knew I needed some height and some drama to make it stand out! I used some tall vases that were used as centerpieces at our wedding reception, some white sticks I bought from the market downstairs for $4.99, and six bags of green split peas from the grocery store...super cheap way to create some height on the mantel! I also bought some live cedar garland from the grocery store and ran it across the mantel with some garland that I found at Home Goods. I love love love how it turned out! The cedar smells SO good that I wish it was acceptable to have it up year round! I kept the tree super simple this year and only put up our special ornaments with a few filler ornaments so it didn't look too bare. 

Don't you love Charlie's $2 stocking? Maybe next year we'll upgrade :)

The buffet in the entryway was so much fun to decorate!  I knew I wanted to stick with the color palette of whites/creams, green, and silver so I found two trees at Home Goods and the smaller silver one is a gift from my sweet Mema and is from Pottery Barn. The feather wreath is also from Home Goods (seeing a theme here? love that place!), the nativity scene belonged to Joe's late Grandmother and is so special to us. It is so cheery walking in to the entryway after a long day at work!



As if I didn't already love this apartment enough...it's taken on a whole new light in this beautiful Christmas season!

 Holiday






10 comments:

  1. MOLLY!!!!!

    I can't believe how wonderful this looks--looks even better in person! I love what you added to the mantel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your place looks amazing! do a whole post on a tour! i LOVE your decorating style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so beautiful, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you decorated your apartment for Christmas, so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your apartment! That green feather wreath is fabulous, too. Your mantel is so pretty- I'll be featuring as one of my favorite picks from the mantel party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are your stockings from?! They are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, everything looks beautiful! And I love your striped walls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am absolutely loving that gorgeous white mirror above your mantle! Would you mind e-mailing me to let me know where it's from? Thank you so much!

    blessedlifeblog{at}gmail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty decor! Our bedroom has the same stripes as your entry way...I love them! I think they are my most favorite paint job yet!

    ReplyDelete