Sunday, October 17, 2010

I've Been Tagged!

One of my new favorite bloggers, Kit, from A Step Into My Life tagged me to answer some questions! I enjoyed reading all of her answers and seeing her pictures; so I am excited I get to do it, too! If you haven't been to her blog, you need to- she is absolutely precious! I am so sorry it took me this long to respond. This past week was way too busy and went by way too fast!


1. What is your favorite food, thing to cook, or eat?



I have already done a post on this, but I could talk/think about it all day long! My favorite food to cook and eat would definitely have to be Shrimp and Grits! Now that we live up north and can't get it whenever we want, I crave it all of the time. Luckily, my mom found a recipe that is just like the Shrimp and Grits at my favorite restaurant, so I make it pretty often now. Thank God Joe loves it just as much as I do!

2. If you could do anything with your life what would it be? (money is not an object)


In a perfect world, Joe will get a wonderful job in Environmental Law somewhere in the south after graduation. After having a few children, I would LOVE to have my own wedding and event planning business...maybe even own a wedding venue??

3. Where is your favorite place to shop?


Right now, my favorite place to shop is Home Goods! I have found so many wonderful deals there and could spend hours upon hours there. Even if I don't need anything, I love to go and imagine all of the pretty things in a future home or someone else's home. It's my therapy!

4. What is your favorite memory of all time?



Wow! It is SO hard to pick just one! I have so many! I would have to say my top two are walking down the aisle and marrying my sweet husband, and also all of my Christmas memories growing up and visiting my grandparents and family in Lake City, South Carolina! Wish I had some old pictures to share, but this one of my sweet Mema and Papa from the wedding will have to do!

5. What is the best thing that you have ever bought?


Gah, these are some hard questions, Kit! Can it count if it was bought for me? I guess so! My parents gave me one of my favorite gifts ever, a Nikon D40, for Christmas last year, and I have been obsessed ever since. I have always wanted a nice camera because I've always been intrigued by photography. I have had so much fun taking pictures and learning new things! I'm no pro by any means, nor will I probably ever be, but it sure is fun to be a little creative sometimes! I have been searching for photography classes in the area...I would LOVE to actually learn from people who know what they are talking about.


6. If you could start a charity what would it's platform be?


If I could start a charity, it would definitely be one that helps children. I have such a soft spot in my heart for children and education, so I would love to help inner city kids that come from low income households and poor school systems. I could go on for days about this because it is something I am so passionate about! I would love to find somewhere like that to volunteer here. I need to check on that! Anyone in the NYC have any ideas?

7. What is your favorite picture of you or one you have taken?

Here we go again with the hard questions. You're killin' me, Kit! :) My most favorite recent pictures of me would have to be this one from my bridal session with the fabulous Allison of Allison Elizabeth Photography. My husband has it framed on his desk and that makes me smile. :)

I love this picture for so many reasons. Not only was it taken at one of my most favorite places in the whole world, but I love how genuinely happy and excited I look about the exciting months to come and marrying the man of my dreams.

Favorite picture I have taken? That is super hard, too! Here is a definite contender.

I took this picture while waiting on the ferry in Jersey City to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty this past March when we came to look for an apartment. I don't know why, but I just love it.


8. What is your greatest pet peeve?



I'm weird and have way too many pet peeves to be normal. Right now, a pretty big one that gets to me is people beeping their horns! New York drivers are notorious for this, but I just think it's RUDE! I understand some people drive like idiots and deserve to be honked at, but I can't stand all of these people who honk at the smallest little thing. EXCUUUUSE ME if I don't floor it on the exact second the light turns green! My husband laughs at me because it hurts my feelings every single time. Drives me absolutely nuts.

Thanks Kit! This was fun! Sorry I'm skipping out on tagging other people...it's past my bedtime!

7 comments:

  1. The shrimp and grits look SO good! I must try them out!

    And those wedding pictures are to die for...girl you were one beautiful bride. I LOVE the picture of you that your husband has on his desk!

    The one of if New York looks like something out of a magazine... YOU go girl!

    Thanks for playing along...love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree with Kit's comment; your wedding pictures are gorgeous!!! I want SO badly to visit the South & taste all the different kinds of foods like Shrimp & grits. Just got a SLR camera recently & LOVE it too. Your picture of the city is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that photo of the city. I like it because I think it shows so much excitement and potential in the bridge going out towards Manhattan! When you start your wedding business, I want to be a consultant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your answers! HomeGoods is fun fun to browse in and I agree with your cause- children and education are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look into Graffiti at www.graffitichurch.org. Our church in SC has a partnership with them in NY. I love reading your blog! I hope you are enjoying NY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is ADORABLE!! Love it!

    AND... The pictures from your wedding. AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

    I saw the picture in this post and thought it was just a random image; then, I scrolled down and realized that it was from YOUR wedding!! Oh my gosh, it is SO beautiful!!!

    I love it!

    Thanks for visiting!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely need to try that Shrimp & Grits recipe! As a Southerner you are going to think this is crazy, but I have only ever eaten grits with butter and sugar, like Cream of Wheat/breakfast style.

    Ugh. I HATE when people honk! It drives me batty! I also hate when people don't use their blinkers... And when they drive below the speed limit. Especially when you pass someone who has been blocking the passing lane for miles and they are on their cell phones, smoking a cigarette, putting on make-up and yelling at their kids...

    ReplyDelete