Sunday, October 26, 2014

Last Week's Meals


We have had some really yummy meals the past couple of weeks, so I thought I'd share! I was in a cooking funk this summer. It was just way too hot to cook and it was honestly the last thing I wanted to do; so we had lots of easy and boring stuff! It's nice to be back in the swing of things (and Joe certainly appreciates it!)

|| Copycat Chipotle Burrito Bowls ||


This dinner was SO delicious! Joe refuses to go to Chipotle because it's so expensive and he says he never gets full, so I decided to try and recreate one of their burrito bowls at home. I used cilantro lime quinoa instead of rice, ground turkey taco meat, shredded mexican cheese, corn salsa, and guacamole. So easy and so good!



Corn Salsa
(I just kind of made this up but it was really good!)


1 bag of frozen sweet corn
1 small red onion, chopped
handful of cilantro, chopped
2 limes, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

Stir all ingredients together and let sit for at least an hour in the fridge before serving!



|| Midtown Deli Palmetto Sandwich ||



My mom and I are absolutely obsessed with this sandwich from Midtown Deli on Woodruff Road in Greenville, SC. We almost always find ourselves there when I'm in town after a day of shopping. This isn't much of a recipe, but it's so dang delicious I had to share!

I love to use a hearty, grainy bread for this and for the mayo, I just mix equal parts pesto and mayonnaise (Duke's, of course.) I also used Cabot Extra Sharp Cheddar instead of swiss and it was yummy!





This is a fall/winter staple in our house! I seriously want to be BFFs with Ina, and love all of her recipes. I was terrified to handle and cook a whole chicken, but this is so easy and is the best chicken I've ever made. Since it's just the two of us, we can usually make it last for 3 dinners and that's another reason I love this recipe! I usually just use whatever vegetables we have on hand - so this time I used carrots, vidalia onions, and celery. 




Accurate portrayal of me this weekend. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment