Sunday, January 19, 2014

scenes around the loft

I haven't gotten around to taking good pictures of our apartment, but I thought I'd share a few iPhone pictures until I have time to take better ones! This place is teeny tiny - bigger than our last apartment, but still small - so it's been quite the challenge trying to fit all of our stuff in here and deciding how to situate it all. I gravitate towards more traditional style homes with separate rooms, so it's been hard for me to decide how to decorate our big kitchen/dining room/office/living room.

Our bedroom has seen a lot of change in the past couple of months, and I absolutely love how it's turned out. This is the first time we've actually had a finished (well, semi-finished) bedroom and it's so nice to be able to relax in there instead of just shutting the door and ignoring it. 

Oh, the joys of industrial loft living…how do you like that poorly placed fire alarm??



This is my cute little wake up call on the weekends!



My desk has been getting a lot of use lately! Between working on this blog and doing some major goal planning with my Lara Casey Powersheets, I've been a busy girl!



We have so enjoyed our new Target Threshold bar cart. We seriously need to restock all of the alcohol that we drank over the holidays, but we are getting there! Love this little corner of the loft! We had a whole box of our personalized cocktail napkins leftover from our wedding, so I pulled those out and added them to the cart. 




This little vignette makes me smile every single day. The picture in the back is my maternal grandparents when they were young, and the one in the front is my maternal grandmother (Mema!) as a little girl with her mother, Molly (who I was named after!), and her sister Janie. These pictures are so special to me and I love the frames I found at Target and HomeGoods for them. 


We spent months and months with no couch after figuring out our old couch wouldn't fit down our hallway when we were moving in. My mom and I borrowed a huge cargo van from my work and drove down to the Ikea in Paramus, NJ to get this beauty. It was quite the adventure, but I absolutely LOVE this thing! I was weary to get a couch from Ikea, but after reading a million reviews online, we decided to go for it. I'll do a full post on this soon, but we love it so much. (and so does Charlie!)



These are obviously old, but I loved our pretty Christmas tree against the brick wall with the snow in the background outside! So cozy!

The second picture makes me laugh SO hard. I spend a good 30 minutes trying to get Charlie to pose in front of the Christmas tree while I tested out my photography skills (which are still seriously lacking), and he was so over it. Poor guy!



I would add pictures from this weekend, but we did nothing at all. I spent most of the weekend in my PJ's and today is football day with friends! Hope y'all had a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment