Sunday, January 12, 2014

life lately and our weekend

Ugh. Is tomorrow Monday already?? Weekends go by way too fast. We were hermits this weekend, and that's just the way I like it. When did I become an old lady who loves nothing more than to stay in her pajamas all day?? It's been so cold outside that all I want to do is curl up on the couch and hibernate until Spring comes along. All of the Polar Vortex Facebook and Instagram posts from everyone down south made me giggle…that is our life EVERY DAY (and I am definitely tired of it)! 





We had a wonderful Christmas - Joe's parents flew in from Kansas City and his brother flew in from Cincinnati. I had to work most of the week, but it was so nice having them here to share the holidays with! This was our first time hosting for Christmas, so I was obviously excited to get to use all of my pretty china and crystal that have been sitting in boxes for 3 years. 


I made a table runner out of gold polka dotted burlap I found at JoAnn's Fabric (with a 50% off coupon!) and it was so easy - I got about 2.5 yards and cut it right down the middle length wise and
 TA DA, a runner was made! 




The most delicious and easy Christmas appetizer - cream cheese cut in half diagonally and pepper jelly on top. YUM!


Charlie helped Uncle Pat pick out some Christmas tunes.


We celebrated New Year's Eve with some sweet friends at their apartment, then at a bar down the street from us. Somehow we have no pictures of us, but how cute is their new teeny tiny puppy, Pierce? Love him! I somehow left my purse with my phone in it at the bar (don't ask) and couldn't get it back until they opened again two days later. You don't realize how much you use your phone until you lose it for 2 days! Made me realize I need a major social media detox. ;)


Since then, we've been hard at work at Crossfit and the Y and have been obsessed with NutriBullet green smoothies and clean eating. More on that soon! 



Friday was kind of a rough day, so my sweet Joe treated me to a night out at my favorite place in Albany - Wolff's Biergarten. I should've been born German. I love me some wheat beer and schnitzel. How crazy is that plate of food?? Under that gigantic piece of schnitzel was an entire plate of spaetzle covered in gravy and some delicious sauerkraut. Holy heart attack. Thank God that Joe can always finish my plate, I could barely eat half of it!



Christmas decorations finally came down and I'm so glad to have the simplicity back!



And what's a weekend without a trip to Target??



Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Haha I know people here complain about the weather/cold but really it is not so bad, I mean I could live with out the polar vortex. But we only had to deal with it for 4 days now it is in the 30s and 40s. Which is not too bad.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even deal with how cold it is where you are!!

    ReplyDelete