Sunday, April 7, 2013

our new loft in Albany

 It's been a stressful couple of months trying to find a place in Albany from 2+ hours away, but we finally found the perfect one! We signed the lease this past week; so it's officially our little loft.

Not only does the loft have gorgeous brick walls, but it also has a DISHWASHER!  and a WASHER AND DRYER! After living without those luxuries for the past few years, I am so stinking excited to wash dishes and clothes...you have no idea. This place is loaded with charm, but with that comes some decorating challenges that I am so excited to tackle. 

First things first, those toothpaste colored walls need to be painted a nice, crisp white ASAP. The loft is big and spacious, but I think white walls would make it so much brighter. 


Love the kitchen! I am so excited about having barstools and a big pantry. Doesn't take much to excite this girl.


This is the living room - if you are standing in the kitchen it's looking over to the right. Remember what I said about some decorating challenges?? Not so sure about the random blue spots on the wall and the strange lights, hopefully I can figure out some ways to camouflage the weirdness. OBSESSED with the brick! Also need to figure out how to hang curtains and pictures on that pretty brick!


This is the master bedroom - another pretty brick wall and a pretty decent sized closet! (the bed will go on the brick wall)


The other side of the master - a long dresser will go here. Can't decide if I absolutely hate the wall color, or if it's okay enough to stay. Thoughts?


There is just one bathroom, but it's nice and big, so it's okay! Lots of storage space and nice fixtures, so I'm excited! The laundry room is in a closet across from the vanity.


Here is the guest bedroom. That brick is dreamy, right?? So excited to finally have a proper guest room for our visitors! I think I'm going to put all of my clothes in the closet in this room, and set up a little vanity area so it can get out of Joe's way when I'm getting ready in the mornings. 

We get the keys at the first of May, and should be all moved in a couple of weeks after that! 

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun project!!!! I normally gravitate towards blue/greens so am probably the wrong one to ask :) Go with whatever coordinates best with your current decor since you're renting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! I really love blues and greens too, but I'm not loving the color on the walls with the brick! I think I'm going to leave it in the bedrooms and paint the walls a crisp white in the kitchen/living room.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the brick!!! I know you will make it look perfect :)

    ReplyDelete