Friday, January 17, 2014

5 on Friday


SO excited to link up with April, Christina, Natasha, and Darci today for 5 on Friday!




{1} 21 DAY MORNING DETOX

I've heard about this from multiple people, so I decided I was going to try it out to see what all of the fuss was about. I've never been a breakfast eater, (I know, I know…trying to be better about that) so the thought of drinking hot lemon water right when I woke up made me gag. Today was my 7th morning, and I can't even tell you how wonderful the results already are! My skin has been awful due to the freezing temperatures and dry air here, and it has done wonders for that. My skin has always been super sensitive, so I decided to try this instead of slathering all kinds of chemicals on my face. Not only is my skin so much better, I also feel like it has helped my digestive system! Who knows, it may all be a placebo effect, but I'm hooked! Read this post on Little Green Dot and try it for yourself!



{2} CRUNCHY THAI SALAD

I found this recipe on Pinterest last week and I made it yesterday. Holy crap. SO good! I didn't take a picture of mine because it wasn't anywhere close to being as pretty as this picture, but it was delicious. We had it with copycat (healthy) PF Changs chicken lettuce wraps. Can't wait to make this salad again to take to work for lunches. 


Ingredients
  • THE SALAD:
  • 3 1/2 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
  • 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
  • 1 cup carrots, shredded
  • 1 cup prepared broccoli slaw
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 1 English cucumber, cut in half and thinly sliced
  • 1 cup cooked and shelled Edamame
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 2 scallions thinly sliced
  • FOR THE DRESSING:
  • 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
  • 4 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 4 tbsp fresh lime juice (approx. 2 limes)
  • 6 tbsp canola oil
  • 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
  • 4 tbsp honey
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
  • 2 inch pieces of ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 4 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves
Instructions
  1. FOR THE SALAD:
  2. Combine the slaws and place them on a platter
  3. Start layering the rest of your veggies for a pretty presentation.
  4. FOR THE DRESSING:
  5. Combine all ingredients, with the exception of cilantro, in a blender and blend until smooth.
  6. Add the cilantro and pulse a few times until combined.
  7. Pour over your prepared salad, or serve on the side.


{3} TIME & TIDE PHOTOGRAPHS FROM PRAIA PIQUINA BY CHRISTIAN CHAIZE

This is definitely one of my most favorite purchases from last year. I am absolutely obsessed with the beach photography of Gray Malin, but can't exactly afford any of his beautiful photos. This book caught my eye because of the similar style, so I got it for our coffee table. I look at it all the time! Go get you one!

{4} NUDE NAILS


I am one of those people that can't stand for their nails to not be painted. I hardly ever choose nude colors, but I've been so obsessed with them lately. My new favorite is OPI Bubble Bath -- the perfect creamy pink for my skin tone. I'm kind of over the accent nail trend, but decided that I needed a little glitter this week! 



{5} HOUSE OF HARLOW

Sorry for all of the weird hand pictures! ;)
This is my new addiction. I can't get enough of Nicole Ritchie's jewelry line! The sunburst pieces are my favorite and I'm thinking I need this necklace, next! Isn't it all so pretty?

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend! We have a hot movie date planned for tomorrow and I'm hoping to do absolutely nothing the rest of the time!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a cutie! Loving your blog!!...the header, the glitter, the FUR BABY! :) Just started following you on GFC (duh!)! :) Hope you had a fabulous weekend!! xx

    ReplyDelete