Sunday, January 26, 2014

coral, gold + black


My sweet friend, Morgan, in South Carolina asked me to help re-design her salon. I absolutely love designing for others, so I was extremely excited! She wants this space to be glamorous and girly because it's the only space she has that she can get away with that. Anyone else with husbands can totally understand that!



It was already gorgeous to begin with - she has such great taste! LOVE that coral wall and the sunburst mirror! I found a few inspiration images on Pinterest and decided that a color scheme of coral, black, gold, and a little hint of mint would be absolutely perfect. Girly but not overly done - didn't want it to be Barbie pink!




{via Caitlin Wilson on The Everygirl}

I really love how this board turned out! I knew it would be really important to her that this re-design be affordable, so I used a mixture of things she already had, and inexpensive accessories.


Some favorites: 

 {1} isn't she lovely print - Isn't this so perfect for a salon? Love this so, so much!

{2} Janey pillow from CB2 - This was my starting off point for the whole space. I haven't been able to get this pillow out of my mind since seeing it on Dina from Honey + Fitz's instgram, and have been dying to use it somewhere. How perfect would it be on the bench in Morgan's salon? I would buy one for myself, but I'm afraid Joe might divorce me if I bring one more pillow into this apartment.

{3} Target Threshold white and gold round accent table - The new Spring 2014 line from Threshold at Target had me doing some major swooning. Great pieces with great prices! This little table (or any of the similar ones they carry) would be perfect by Morgan's bench.

{4} Elizabeth Mayville's "Top Knot 24" print - I can't even tell you how much I've been obsessing over this series by Elizabeth Mayville. This print in particular reminds me of gorgeous Morgan and would be so perfect in her salon!

{5) white dipped baskets - She already had baskets on a shelf that served as great storage, so I thought that this would be an easy (and cheap!) way to update them. Love how these look!







Please contact me if you want any design help or maybe an inspiration board to give you the kick start you need! I'd love to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment