Monday, April 8, 2013

Affordable Art Sources



Being an art major in college, and an art lover - nothing makes me happier than to have beautiful pieces adorning my walls. I have been very slowly adding some original art to our collection (including some of my own!), but have lately been finding lots of gorgeous art prints that are a lot more budget friendly, but just as pretty! I'm all for splurging on an original piece if you have the money, but if you are like me, you probably want to know where to find some inexpensive art! When we first moved into our apartment, I wished someone had a list like this, so hopefully this will help someone else!

Thank the Lord for Etsy. Can a get an AMEN?? I seriously love that site and I love supporting the wonderful artists and small businesses there. Please, oh please, stop buying your art at big box stores (Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, World Market, etc.) and check out the fabulous things you can buy on Etsy...from REAL, hardworking people! (Sorry! Can you tell I'm passionate about that??) Anyway, I've been compiling a list of my favorite Etsy artists/sellers and I am going to share my finds with you!

Etsy Favorites



{Michelle Armas}




I'm a little obsessed with Michelle Armas' work! Her abstract paintings are so beautiful. Since I can't afford her original work right now, her prints are right up my alley! I would love a huge, colorful print framed for behind my couch!





Alison Fennel of Eastwitching is so incredibly talented! I originally found her flamingo prints in an issue of Southern Living, so I ordered one for myself! She is so sweet and added a handwritten note and a sweet little notecard with an elephant print on it that I have since framed.  I love all of her watercolor animal prints, and am thinking about adding that pretty fox print above to our collection! These would also  be so great in a nursery!





{tastes orangey}




Clare Elsaesser of tastes orangey is AMAZING! Her work evokes so many emotions, and I love how moody some of the prints are. I just discovered this artist a few days ago, but I am already planning on getting the above prints for our new loft.




{Kari Herer}



Kari Herer is an extremely talented artist and photographer, and her work has been featured in magazines such as Martha Stewart, Town and Country, and InStyle.  I love everything she does, but I especially love her Flora and Illustrations. Aren't they so refreshing? Might have to make the magnolia one mine...reminds me of home!




{gretchen kelly studio}




I have been a long time fan of Gretchen Kelly's figure drawings. These are all original sketches done with a live model, and most of these only took her 1 minute. So talented! Contemplating one of these nudes for our new bathroom...love the colors!





{ANNECHOVIE by Anne Harwell}


Love Anne's work! My favorite is the blue and white plate watercolor above...reminds me of my Mema's china! She has some great watercolor prints of interior renderings!



{1 canoe 2}



Great letterpressed stuff! Absolutely love the state prints, and I really love the "things that are tall" print above! They also have a great selection of letterpressed cards...you can send to a friend or frame for yourself!


Other great resources for affordable art are:








Once you have those gorgeous prints in your hands, head over to Ikea or Michael's (don't forget  your coupons!) for some simple, beautiful frames. 

What is your go to place for affordable art??

1 comment:

  1. Oh.my.gosh. This post is amazing. I'm emailing it to myself so I can refer to it over and over again, haha. I'm obsessed with Etsy an just purchased some customized printables and need to get them printed and framed. But it LOVE all of the artists you have here. P will not thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete